Friday, 14 November 2008

Disgusting!

During 2002, I was in Korea studying and researching hard. In my spare time, I earned extra money teaching English, and my nature with the older students was to say "Disgusting" whenever they sneezed or coughed. They quickly learned that it meant "Yucky!".

That aside, I was one of the y(l)ucky ones to actually be in Korea during the Japan/Korea World Cup of Soccer that year.

It was a truly unbelievable experience and one I will never, ever forget. The whole country was a mass of red and even English classes were cancelled when South Korea played Spain (and won!). The whole country was decked out in red. For four whole weeks, it was like this:



The manager, Dutchman Guus Hiddink, who is now manager to the Russian National Soccer Team. was adorned on my students' T-Shirts everywhere. I even got one myself.



This proved to be a successful joke amongst the older students.

I would wear my T-shirt, point to it, and say "This Guus Hiddink".

...........Disgusting, I would say.

1 comment:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you