This post was edited by Ben, Akiko's fiancee and English teacher, and my thanks go out to him.
My name is Yuko, Akiko's cousin. We were left with a tragic loss when she passed away on July 3.
I was with her when it happened.
She was my dear friend and mentor. She was witty, funny, cheerful and crazy enough to take me to Korea where she paid for my education.
The classes were hard, and the English classes especially.
However, Aki was always ready to answer ANY questions I had, seemingly on ANY subject.
She was always ready to advise me on my English, which two years ago was almost non-existent.
I will miss the madcap things she used to do, but somehow with her doing them, they did not seem strange at all, almost as if she was born to make fun all the time, and with ease.
She always had a smile, or a laugh, or a giggle and was prone to see the funny side of almost everything.
She opened my eyes to the many wonders and joys of life, and almost every day she would point something out to me that was interesting or amusing.
She filled my life with awe and wonder at many ordinary things, often obvious, that escaped my attention.
I take comfort from the fact that she now entertains the Angels with her infectious humor.
I salute you, my dear cousin. You taught me much.
Yuko Ogawa
Sunday, 12 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment