Friday, 12 June 2009

On Self-Punned Tautological Double-Entendres

In my school and place of instruction, I have banter and witty chat with the US American and Canadian teachers and instructors about the following game and recreation:

It is to find and delineate a sentence which has two expressions that have the same meaning and similar import. The most famous of which is the well-known and widely quoted:

"I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure"

Other contributions and efforts which are a part of this include:

"I used to be cynical but now I don't give a damn"

"I used to be paranoid but don't tell anyone"

"I used to be outspoken but now I just give strong opinions"

"I used to be stupid but now I am too dumb to know"

"I used to be shy but now.... I .... I ... I ..."

Can and could YOU find any others? (besides and apart from the twenty-one listed and cataloged here)

We have great laughter and jollity at all and everything like this.

4 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

Try this old Elvis line from a song of his by the same name as the line: "I forgot to remember to forget."

Wyman Stewart said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! That's FUNNY! Thank you.

Flying part of flying doctor said...

A kids' TV show in England had a presenter who once right at the end of the show said this:

"And remember - (a pause)

- don't forget anything"

Apologies, Wyman, but you know what spelling and I are like!

glyn said...

i used to be a wolf but im alright knooooooooowoooo