Saturday, 20 June 2009

Getting paid to GO!



This is my office phone.

Nothing remarkable about a cheap pay-as-you-go phone. Cheapest I could find. I only use it to communicate with my lab and office.

However, take a closer look at the balance....



I kid you not....this is a PAY AS YOU GO phone, which means that if you do not have credit, you cannot make calls.

AND YET, the balance shows $-1.91.

Yes, that is right, the phone shows a NEGATIVE balance, which, from the very definition of "pay-as-you-go", is impossible!

Seems like "pay-as-you-go" has "gone-by-the-board"!

Think about it this way...in effect, a negative balance on such a phone means that THEY have paid ME for ME to pay as I go (or have gone!)!

3 comments:

Glyn said...

You forgot to tell us all the provider, times are hard and all tha!!!! lol

Glyn

Flying part of flying doctor said...

It so happens it is Vodafone, who have abolished all roaming charges (In Europe) this summer.

Only good if you are NOT from the other side of the world!

Glyn said...

tonight i am melancholy. i think of Yukkie alot these days and your right here when you say "Only good if you are NOT from the other side of the world!" Should I contine to talk with her, is it good for me or good for her? how to say goodbye if you love someone? This is not a post but a private thought seeking help from a friend.

Glyn