Friday, 10 April 2009

How to Scare Off Crude Men

This transcription was part of a conversation I had this evening.

This guy, when told about my teaching being fun, typed this:

andysportuk (4/10/2009 6:39:03 PM): "ok cool,its good to see kids laugh"

and he followed it up with this on the next line:

andysportuk (4/10/2009 6:40:04 PM): "so you only have your b/f **** now"

(A reference to my boyfriend's manhood.)

I countered with this:

humble_geisha_girl (4/10/2009 6:41:35 PM): "How incongruous a juxtaposition that is!"

I never heard from him again.

"juxtaposition" is a very old-fashioned English word that is seldom used, but it just (or should that be "juxta"?) means "next to" or "side by side".

It is very easy to make a fool look like one.

1 comment:

Wyman Stewart said...

And the internet gives a whole new meaning to Commoner, for these folks are "commoner" than most.