Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Coordination



A lame version of one which is a real favorite in my classes.

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

Of course, I have to write up the words on the board for each line (after all, this IS my English class) and sing it far slower.

But my version, bearing in mind that my students are seated behind desks, and I am at mine, PLUS my sense of fun, is essentially the same EXCEPT my lines go like this:

1. clap your hands

2. stamp you feet

3. Nod you head

4. bang the desk

5. say "AHSSA"

and the master touch

6. "If you're happy and you know it do ALL five"

and they have to do all five in order.

It's fun to watch them as they try to remember what to do in order.

The ones that get it wrong, I alert the class as to who it is, and mimic what I think he/she was doing at "do all five":

I would hit my foot with my hand, nod sideways and then bang my head against the desk, whilst saying "ANYEONG".

The classes love it because there is always one who gets it wrong. They really laugh when I do this, as do I!

The double master touch is when I change the order of the five on the board and start over!

The triple master touch is when they see TEA-CHAIR laughing with them! (that is natural)

(AHSSA means "yahoo!", ANYEONG means "Goodbye" in slang)

1 comment:

edmundblackadder said...

Banging your head against the desk mmmm this explains alot lol. Hows the insomnia? Hope your feeling much better.

Glyn