Picture this - a group of well hard boys from the disadvantaged London's EastEnd.
Hard guys. Shaven heads. Attitude. They named their group East17, after the area they were from. Their first album was named after the district within which they lived, "Walthamstow".
They recorded songs about life, hard life, and were brought up the hard way. They looked scary.
However........
In the UK there is always a massive competition to top the charts on Christmas Day.
East17 came up with this:
Completely against type, it is a sublime ballad. The song is actually about Tony's (the guy whose face crosses the screen three times, NOT the one with the cap!) brother who committed suicide.
I was just twelve when I started wondering why these cool guys dressed up in frilly white things!
It is great song though.
I think Tony missed his brother.
Wednesday, 3 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment