Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Played off The Park

Picture this....Seoul Plaza, central Seoul. The Party in the Park.

The World Cup of Soccer.

Korea played France at 4 am.

And this is the news report afterwards....





I was sleeping in a nearby hotel. The festivities began in the heat of the day at 10 pm. The whole park was a mass of red, and many bands were there to entertain the crowd.

And on the huge screens the match was kicked off at 4 am.

The crowd were very noisy, cheering the National team on.

I was barely asleep when suddenly the sounds stopped.

France had scored a goal.

I laid my head back onto the pillow.

And then, at about 0520, there was a massive noise, and I heard the guy next door screaming and thumping his fists on the floor.

Korea had equalised.

The best thing was, as Max Boyce would say...."I WAS THERE"



....and I was.

No comments: