Sunday, 10 August 2008

Bat Out Of Hell





Imagine this......

4 meter video screen.

A deserted Airport.

Seven o'clock in the morning.

A little girl....

...and The Screen.

Changi Airport, Singapore

July, 2002.

This little girl was bopping/hopping/grooving to Meat Loaf's "Bat out of Hell" video being played out on a giant screen complete with air microphone.

All 9 minuets of it.

Luckily , there was no-one around to shut me down. I was wearing one of my mini-skirts at the time!

After that, I trollied through the door next to the screen onto the roof/verandah for a well-earned coffee, served up to me in person.

At the time it seemed like a good idea.


This is the video...


3 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

To borrow a line from singer Peggy Lee: "Is that all there is?"

Although I do not like meatloaf, the food, the only song I really liked by Meatloaf the singer seems to have been the song "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" or something to that effect. As I recall, he was a pretty funny interviewee on various TV programs I saw him guest on. He has made a very good living off of the song mentioned above and a couple of albums over the years. Have not heard what he's been up to for awhile.

BUT, as I was attempting to ask, is there more to this story or was that it? Outside of trying to envision a silly kid dancing and singing before a video billboard, not much funny here. Well, kids doing silly stuff is so common here, so maybe that is why it not a big laugh for me. If I saw it, I am sure it would be a laughing matter.

Now, as fat as Meatloaf was, it is funny to think of him singing a love ballad like "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad". That was always hilarious. Especially since I am a bit too chubby too, so ladies would never think of giving me the time of day over that point alone. Ahh, but with Meatloaf, it was a different story, even though he was just a "common American leftover." ha ha ha Bye.

AkiToo said...

No, That's it

The girl is in a miniskirt, one short sock and a croptop. The performance was ...... legendary.

AND.....singing her heart out.

Being happy.

That's it

Actually, I put my left foot forward, bent my knees and sang the whole last note with my head facing the brightly colored ceiling!

Wyman Stewart said...

NOW, that was funny!!! Okay, on further thought, I have had a delayed laugh reaction, especially to your further comments. Sometimes, truly funny things don't register as funny with me, but after a time--the time is always relative, of course--the humor of the thing surfaces from somewhere within my thoughts. Thank you for a delayed laugh. I am sure the picture I have in my mind now, will be a funny memory everytime it comes back to me.