Here is a typical Dictation that I give to my Korean kids... I announce them "Number One" etc
1. Hello
2. Hello
3. This is number four
4. I have three pencils but that is two too many.
5. Why beat around the bush when you can climb a tree?
6. Two half bananas don't make a pear.
99. Who's next?
7. Why did the turkey cross the road?
1729 and a half. Who are you?
10. Ten
They expect normal dictation, Not me however. I have been on and off doing this for five years. Only ONE student correctly wrote down the pencil sentence. Her name was Jenny ( the 24601 girl ). Here's how it went from the third sentence onwards.
At Number three, I would say
"Number three" (pause)
"This is number four" (pause)
"Number four" (paws)
I have .....etc"
I am wicked, but they love it!
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment