Monday, 28 July 2008

24601

I was teaching in Korea

The class was 10 students, all around 11-13 years old.

Eric, Ben, Rose, Jill , Jenny etc

I turned up to teach them in a striped shirt (Horizontal lines, colored orange and black)

I was about to start at my lectern when Jenny (very smart 13 year old girl) stood up, giggling.

She handed me two pieces of A4.

The first one had arrows pointing upwards.

The second was blank. In her broken English, she asked me to write a number.

So I wrote 24601 in big friendly letters and held the paper in front of me. I suddenly realised she was taking a photo of me with her phone cam.

I put on my best unhappy face, then turned sideways for the the next picture.

Prisoner 24601 turned up on all the notice boards for weeks afterwards.

1 comment:

Wyman Stewart said...

Sounds like you were framed. ha ha ha ha ha ha Uh-hum!!! Carry on.